RENT A NEUROFEEDBACK HOME SYSTEM
The NeurOptimal Home System is a professional-grade neurofeedback equipment specifically designed for home use and is fully automated. Same training as in our clinics!
See below for pricing and a Q&A on the renting process. We ship throughout US & Canada!
Pick up a system today! We have no wait-time in the NY & NJ region. Wait-time for all other regions are about two weeks. First come, first serve!
NEUROFEEDBACK COST & PACKAGES
Choose between two monthly plans:
- Personal Trainer Plan: $600 per month (Includes 10 sessions = $60 per session): Ideal for one person
- Family Trainer Plan: $800 per month (Includes 20 sessions = $40 per session). Ideal for families who are training multiple people or for someone who would like to do more than two neurofeedback sessions per week. If training four people, monthly cost is $900.
- Additional sessions can be purchased for $25 per session (billed upon return).
- Pick up for free or have it shipped one way at a flat rate of $30 – anywhere in US! ($50 flat-rate shipping cost to Canada). Shipping not included in price and billed separately.
- First come, first serve! Start the renting process here. Payment is not due until a system has been assigned to you and is ready to be picked up (or shipped).
- Option to extend the rental after the first month available. We recommend two months rental for best results.
RENT A SYSTEM IN 3 EASY STEPS:
- Fill out a form here to request a rental
- Download the contract, sign and send back to us. The sooner we have the paperwork in, the sooner you will get the equipment.
- Wait. We'll notify you when we have a system assigned to you. Your system will arrive in about one to two weeks depending on availability.
Why renting A HOME SYSTEM?
Our rental package helps people with anxiety, trauma, ADHD and depression, conditions that sometimes make it hard to make office visits, get symptom relief and train consistently.
- Saves in cost. Cost can be as low as $40 per session
- Same training as in-office visits
- Easy to use. Watch a video here
- Includes all materials needed to do brain training at home - even paste!
- Our team of experts will guide you throughout the renting process
You're able to run sessions at your home on your own time and pace, and for 50% savings over in-office sessions if you rent. (The equipment is also available for purchase, learn more about buying a home system here).
STEP-BY-STEP RENTING GUIDE
- Fill out a form here. We'll then provide you with a contract to download
- Fill out the contract and send back to us ASAP to confirm your spot on the waitlist. A complete contract is needed before we can assign a system to you. Wait time is approximately two weeks. The sooner we have the contract, the shorter wait time.
- Rental ships/picked up. Payment is due when the shipping or pickup arrangements have been made. Your Rental Manager will send you an email with the date when your system will arrive or is ready for pick-up. (Shipping/courier within US and NYC is a flat rate of $30 and shipment to Canada is a flat rate of $50).
- Receive the home unit and all accompanying equipment, including paste, instructions and forms. Please note, you'll need your own headphones. Any headphones can be used except bluetooth or noise-canceling headphones.
- Train your brain! Click here to view a short video on how to set up the EEG sensors. We are also available if you have any questions.
- We will be checking in with you periodically to see how your training is going and to answer questions.
- Two weeks before your training period ends, we'll contact you to see if you like to extend your rental. Sessions do rollover from month to month so if you haven't had the time to do all the sessions in the first month an additional 2 weeks or a month is optional. When extending, your credit card will be charged the first day of the next 30 day period. If you do not want to extend, please notify us asap and we will make arrangement for the return. You are responsible for return shipping charges.
Click here to rent a system
"After having a few neurofeedback sessions at the clinic in New York, I decided to rent a machine to train at home and save in cost. I would do it again in a heart beat!"
– Brie, in New York
Q&A ON RENTING
What's included in the rental?
Both our rental plans include all materials required to train (including paste), access to online support forum moderated by expert trainers, access to regular check-ins with staff trainer via text, email, phone or Skype. You supply your own headphones. We've learned everyone would prefer to use their own!vide headphones which you'd need for doing the training at home. Any headphones/earbuds will be fine to use for the training.
PLEASE NOTE: Shipping costs are not included in monthly plan and billed separately. But we now offer a flat-rate shipping cost of $30 within US and $50 to Canada. This is for one way only. Return shipment is the renter's responsibility. You can also pick it up for free at any of our locations.
How long before my equipment arrives?
It usually takes around two weeks to get your system to your door. Our clients get to decide how long they rent and sometimes they extend beyond the recommended two months; therefore it's difficult for us to know an exact date of availability. If we have all your paperwork, the renting process will be shorter.
Does neurofeedback work the same when training at home as the in-office sessions?
Yes. The technology is exactly the same. The only difference is that the Professional unit has graphing capabilities but we don't use the quantitative data to decide the training protocol or to assess progress.
How do I know if it's working?
We strongly recommend all renters fill out our Checklist of Concerns prior to starting and then again, after every 8 sessions. For example, when clients see their rate of 10 for "Feel Anxious" turn into a 4 (10 being worst), they know the training is doing something good for them!
Ready to rent? Click here
Watch a video here on how to set up the sensors and the program
How difficult is it to learn how to run sessions?
Learning how to use the equipment will take you approximately 10-15 minutes. There are only 3 items you need to get familiar with: the computer, the amplifier, and the sensors. There are only 3 buttons that you'll need to press on the computer. And you can learn how to place the EEG sensors on your head from a 3-minute video. You may get some EEG paste in your hair the first time, but it's water-soluable and comes out easily!
What is the minimum and maximum amount of time for which I can rent the NeurOptimal® Neurofeedback Trainer?
Minimum time to rent the neurofeedback equipment is one month. However, the best results is by renting for 2 months. Read a case study on the best uses of neurofeedback home system. After the first month's rental, one can choose to extend for another month or two weeks.
Why is two months rental recommended?
The best training results occur when clients train for 2 - 4 months, with 2 days’ sleep between training sessions. If you rent for 2 months, that would look like 2-3 sessions per week, for a total of 20-30 sessions. Read our case study: How to Get Best Results in Neurofeedback Training
Is it difficult to learn where to place the EEG sensors on the head?
In a word, no. The sites on head C3 and C4 are actually large areas approximately half-way between the tip of the top of the ear and the crown of the head. Anywhere in that area is considered a good location! Trivia: did you know that the EEG sensors on the head pick up 95% of the electrical information on the entire head, and only 5% of that information is site specific? In other words, don't worry, you have it in the right place!
Dynamical Feedback Vs. Protocol-Based Neurofeedback – What's The Difference and what is the Best Neurofeedback Equipment?