Here is a list of frequently asked questions when troubleshooting your neurofeedback equipment.
If the system freezes, doesn't respond or error messages pops up.
- Do a hard restart*: (PRO SYSTEM): Hold the power button down, the screen will split in half and ask you if you want to shut down, slide the screen down, you will ignore this, once the screen goes black, that is the moment that the 30 seconds countdown starts. It is imperative that you use a timer or your phone for the countdown in order to ensure the full 30 seconds. Upon performing a proper 30 second shutdown on the system, it will be working properly. If it is not, please contact your rental manager.
- Make sure the zAmp is connected before you start the program and preferably before you start up the tablet.
- Always make sure powercord is connected. If it’s not charging, try a different outlet.
*FAMILY/PRO UNIT RENTERS – Once tablet starts up. Wait 15 seconds. In the lower black "task bar” a small NeurOptimal logo icon will show up (that means the program is starting up in the background). Instead of clicking on the top left larger logo, click on this smaller logo in the task bar. Three small windows will appear, click any of them to open up the program.
ZAmp Problems (the device with the sensors):
Sometimes when starting a session, the following message can appears: "The zAmp can not be verified at this time"
- Restart the system. (See instructions above to do a hard restart)
- Unplug the USB cord and try a different port
- Start up the system and program again
If that doesn't help, contact us by emailing your rental manager.
If there is no sound, try this:
- Verify that the volume is not muted or set very low on the computer.
- Restart your system. (See instructions above to do a hard restart)
- Install all Windows updates and restart the computer.
- Verify sound is defaulted to system speakers/headphones and not external display via control panel > sound > Playback Devices.
- PRO SYSTEM: Make sure to press the QR button to start a session – not the play button. Pressing the Play button will only play back a session already recorded.
- PERSONAL SYSTEM: Press the green button to start program
For more FAQs go to NeurOptimal's Website here
Troubleshooting the Equipment
Need to do a mouse-call? Click here to view a pdf on how to login to technical support. Available only MON - FRI until 4PST
EXPLANATION OF THE USER-INTERFACE WORKS
For an extra guide, see this screenshot of the different functionalities of the program. This userface is for the PERSONAL TRAINER PLAN only.