Here is a list of frequently asked questions when troubleshooting your neurofeedback equipment.
If the system freezes, doesn't respond or error messages pops up.
- Login to the internet to allow software updates. It's recommended to do these updates at least every 7 days. Always reboot system after an update.
- Always make sure powercord is connected. If it’s not charging, try a different outlet. (If the tablet's battery was depleted, it may take some time for the tablet to start, leave it plugged in and revisit in 10 min. or so)
- Make sure program is starting up OK before adding the sensors. Updates happen at start of program and may take from 2 - 10 minutes to do. If you don't have time, you can bypass this do the update after your session.
zAmp Problems (the device with the sensors):
Make sure the zAmp is connected before you start the program and preferably before you start up the machine.
Sometimes when starting a session, the following message can appear: "The zAmp can not be verified at this time"
- Restart the system.
- Unplug the USB cord and try a different port
- Start up the system and program again
If that doesn't help, contact us by emailing your rental manager and login to tech support (see packet on how to do a mouse call).
Software Update Problems
If you encounter these issues during a software update or afterwards
- If screen goes black (desktop's wall-paper is black) but you can still do a session. This is a known issue. As long as NeurOptimal program is opening ok it's ok.
NO Licensing Problems.
Fix for: I'm Online, But I'm Getting A Message That My License Is Expired. Email your rental manager and email firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, mention the name of your system (back of tablet). If you don't know what it is, ask your rental manager. Tech support will email you back with a license key code, then follow these step-by-step options.
If there is no sound, try this:
- Verify that the volume is not muted or set very low on the computer. Click on the sound icon in the Windows lower taskbar and adjust volume. (On a tablet, the sound control is also located in the upper left corner, next to the power button).
- Reboot your system and reopen program
- Install all Windows updates and restart the computer.
- Still not working?
1. Click on the sound icon in the Windows taskbar and switch the Sound device to Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio or similar).
2. G-force may be working with the sound correctly. Watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Dila872VAs&feature=youtu.be
For more FAQs go to NeurOptimal's Website here
Tech Support - Login to Mouse Call
If a reboot of the system doesn't solve the problem its recommended to login to tech support for a mouse-call. A mouse-call may take from 10 min to 30 min. and that is the only way to troubleshoot the system. A high-speed internet connection is required. If you have limited time, email us ahead and we can notify the tech support about the issues before you log on. Click here to view a pdf on how to login to technical support and check your printed manual for the login information.
Please note: Tech Support/Mouse-Calls are only available MON - FRI until 7 EST. It is closed on major holidays.