When treating concussive symptoms, any good doctor will tell you that rest is a requirement for a recovery regimen. However, few know that neurofeedback training can also be helpful in supporting the brain to recover alongside a doctor’s care and plan. Right after a mild brain injury, doing neurofeedback can give the brain an opportunity to see where it needs to heal itself and continue in that vain.
It's common for clients doing neurofeedback for TBI & concussion recovery that they'll have dramatic results immediately. Their brains are craving a mirror to see the remaining damage to repair and those brains go right to work re-wiring. As one of our clients in NYC stated:
"The session was simply amazing. I can't remember ever feeling so relaxed. Absolutely love the training and looking forward to learning more."
- Tim, TBI Survivor after a car accident in 2015
NEUROFEEDBACK FOR BRAIN INJURY
In this video, Gail talks about the benefits she's experienced from doing NeurOptimal® Neurofeedback training after suffering from a brain injury.
Read also our case study: Neurofeedback Supporting Healing from a Concussion
This is from our brain injury/concussion clients
“Aside from rest, neurofeedback is quite possibly the only treatment that quickly facilitated recovery from a severe concussion I had six months ago. ”
"After the first four neurofeedback sessions I slept very deeply and felt noticeably better upon awakening. There was a very marked synchronicity in my sense perceptions and body movement when I walked onto the street after those first couple sessions. After about five sessions I started to feel noticeably better. My daily life started to resemble a more normal pattern of daily activities with even some artistic work in the evenings. I can now do things on the weekends without worrying that I might feel sick or have to sleep most of the day.
– James, 5 NeurOptimal Neurofeedback Sessions
3 OPTIONS TO Start TRAINING
TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury) And Neurofeedback
These case studies and research have been done by using the NeurOptimal® Neurofeedback System
- A CASE STUDY …. Physical, Psychological and Cognitive Trauma with Recovery through NeurOptimal® Neurofeedback. Personal case study with pre and post NeurOptimal® psychometric testing and SPECT Scan results. Denise M. Cull, M.Psych, Forensic
- The Use of NeurOptimal® With a Young Adult With an Acute TBI - A Case Study -Dr. Joan-Marie Lartin, Ph.D., RN and Alan Bachers, Ph.D. This is a case study using clinical, NeurOptimal® baseline and anecdotal data. Dr. Lartin’s 22 year old son Brian survived a life-threatening TBI in April of 2012 and had more than 70 sessions of NeurOptimal® in a year. The contribution of NeurOptimal® to his recovery is discussed. Brian made an essentially complete recovery.
- NeuroCognitive Approaches to Brain Injury
A trio of case studies, protocols and progress: 1. 24 year old boy with Concussive Syndrome, 2. 68 year old woman with primary ischemic stroke, 3. 30 month old girl with a rare chromosomal disorder; Dr. Lise' D. Spurlock-DeLong, Ph.D., CPCRT, CCCM. Founder of Cognitive Connections, a cognitive rehabilitation clinic focusing on the use of neurofeedback and assistive therapies to promote increased neuroactivity and processing in all people.
- Systemic EEG Biofeedback for Traumatic Brain Injury. Since NeurOptimal® helped ChemoBrain patients, will it also help people with TBI with similar symptoms? Dr. Jean Alvarez, Ed.D
Director of research at the newly incorporated Cleveland-based Applied Brain Research Foundation of Ohio
- Independent case studies focusing on the cognitive aspects of remediation when coupled with NeurOptimal®.