HOW DOES NEUROFEEDBACK WORK FOR ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION?
Neurofeedback Training Offers Help For Depression And It Can Dramatically Help With Anxiety.
There are many ways to help the brain and help alleviate the anxious symptoms—talk therapy, drug therapy, biofeedback, meditation, lifestyle changes—and also a new type of therapy called neurofeedback, an offspring of EEG biofeedback. Neurofeedback Reorganizes The Brain To Operate More Efficiently. It is used by thousands of people to bring more ease, joy and peace into their lives. View our case study video below and learn how neurofeedback works and how it helped Jenny with her anxiety.
What are the Benefits of Neurofeedback and What results can I expect?
There is no standard answer to these questions because everyone’s central nervous system is unique. While we cannot predict what your brain will do with the information it receives from our neurofeedback training, we can offer a few guidelines.
Clients describe after a neurofeedback session feeling clearer, calmer, lighter or brighter for a few hours after the session – a feeling that typically will last through the week, from one session to the next (weekly sessions being the most common).
Watch our video: Neurofeedback for ADHD
Eventually, this new centered way of being becomes their “new normal”. Only if they get thrown off by a negative event - a bad day at work, chemicals, a knock on the head - might they drop into the way they felt before. But generally, they will not dip as deeply into emotional discomfort and will more than likely bounce back from challenging situations much more quickly and easily. Here's what one of our client's feedback.
Robert, NYC Client: “The process is deceptively simple — being hooked up to a neurofeedback device, and sitting quietly. Afterwards there’s a subtle but powerful shift in feeling — I feel more present, and relaxed, and have greater well being. It’s been very effective in working with my anxiety.”
Using the NeurOptimal System for Anxiety
- Effects Of NeurOptimal® Neurofeedback On Symptoms Of Depression And Anxiety – by Dr. Linda Beckett MD & Dr. Janet McCulloch MD
- Neurofeedback With Anxiety And Affective Disorders - by D. Corydon Hammond, PhD, ABEN/ECNS: Neurofeedback with anxiety and affective disorders. A robust body of neurophysiologic research is reviewed on functional brain abnormalities associated with depression, anxiety, and obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- Neurofeedback Treatment Of Depression And Anxiety – by D. Corydon Hammond. A robust body of research documents that there are biological predispositions that often exist for depression, anxiety, and obsessive–compulsive disorder. However, new research has shown that medication is only mildly more effective than placebo in the treatment of these problems. In treating these conditions, neurofeedback (EEG biofeedback) may offer an alternative to invasive treatments such as medication, ECT, and intense levels of transcrancial magnetic stimulation. This paper reviews the neurofeedback literature with these problems, finding particularly positive research support for the treatment of anxiety disorders. New findings on the neurofeedback treatment of depression are presented.
IN THE NEWS
Articles supporting neurofeedback as an alternative treatment for PTSD, depression and anxiety
- The Washington Post: Therapists Are Using Neurofeedback To Treat ADHD, PTSD And Other Conditions
- CNN: Brain Training To Help With Anxiety And ADHD - Patients with severe anxiety or ADHD are using neurofeedback instead of medications to change their brainwaves and help their conditions. Watch the video here.
CASE STUDIES & ARTICLES
- Does neurofeedback work for anxiety? How I Got Unstuck – NYC Therapist and Neurofeedback Trainer Heather writes how NeurOptimal neurofeedback training helped her
- Neurofeedback for Anxiety: What you must know for best results
- 3 Ways Stress and Anxiety Impact Relationships
- Learn How to Identify Stress, Your Health Depends on It
- The Worrier Warrior: 5 Brain Training Tools for Depression and Anxiety – Learn five brain training tips to rewire brain and heal depression and anxiety in a holistic way!
- Less Anxiety. More Calm. How Neurofeedback Training Helped with Social Anxiety Symptoms
Where to Start
At Neurofeedback Training Co. you can either schedule a session at one of our locations, buy or rent an advanced neurofeedback system. The most cost-effective training option is renting a system. When renting, you'll train with the same technology used in our clinics. Renting is also the most convenient option, especially for families. Why renting? Read the FAQs
Neurofeedback training is approved by the FDA for stress management – to help control chaotic thoughts, help people relax, help them meditate!
Read our blog post about Mindfulness for Anxiety: Does Meditation Work?